Mosques and Madaaris Department
The department is divided into two sections including the Management of Mosques and Management of Islamic Schools Sections. The following table provides the functions for each of the sections:
- Management of Mosques Section
- Management of Islamic Schools Section
The following are the functions of the Department of Management of Mosques and Islamic Schools: -
- Formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations for supporting the development and promotion of Management of Mosques and Islamic Schools in Somaliland
- Coordination of Islamic Da’wa, Islamic schools and mosques
- Development and dissemination of strategic plan for Islamic values and adaptions
- Eradication of bad behaviors and mal-practices against Islam
- Review of laws and policies to ensure that are in line with Islamic religion and values
- Development of programs required by Islamic da’wa, mosques, Islamic education centers and vulnerable people
- Train and development of Imams to ensure that they are well prepared and more aware
- Support the construction and development of mosques and Islamic schools
- Coordination and approval of mosques and Quranic curriculum and programs
- Supervising the Holy Qur'an schools and following up the educational process.
- Following-up the Qur'an teachers, guiding them and preparing reports on their performance
- Preparation and implementation of the five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department
- Preparation and implementation of the capacity development for all staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates in consultation with the heads of sections
- Coordinating the formulation of the department’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring.