The department is divided into two sections including the Management of Mosques and Management of Islamic Schools Sections. The following table provides the functions for each of the sections:
- Management of Mosques Section
- Management of Islamic Schools Section
The following are the functions of the Department of Management of Mosques and Islamic Schools: -
- Formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations for supporting the development and promotion of Management of Mosques and Islamic Schools in Somaliland
- Coordination of Islamic Da’wa, Islamic schools and mosques
- Development and dissemination of strategic plan for Islamic values and adaptions
- Eradication of bad behaviors and mal-practices against Islam
- Review of laws and policies to ensure that are in line with Islamic religion and values
- Development of programs required by Islamic da’wa, mosques, Islamic education centers and vulnerable people
- Train and development of Imams to ensure that they are well prepared and more aware
- Support the construction and development of mosques and Islamic schools
- Coordination and approval of mosques and Quranic curriculum and programs
- Supervising the Holy Qur'an schools and following up the educational process.
- Following-up the Qur'an teachers, guiding them and preparing reports on their performance
- Preparation and implementation of the five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department
- Preparation and implementation of the capacity development for all staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates in consultation with the heads of sections
- Coordinating the formulation of the department’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring.